Work At Hopeless
Nothing open right now...
Looks like we've got all the help we can handle! Don't worry though- any time there's an open position, it will show up here. Check back soon!
So you wanna intern do ya?
Hopeless Records and our Sub City nonprofit take on a select few interns each semester to help out in various departments. Intern spots are pretty competitive and our interns often go on to working in the music business, including at Hopeless Records. No guarantees of course, but if you are seriously interested in a career in music, this is the place for you. Please read the below in full and make sure you meet all requirements before applying.
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Available to work at least 2 full days a week. Ideally, our interns work about 15-20 hours a week, split up into two-and-a-half days.
- We are located in Van Nuys, CA, just outside of Los Angeles. We need you to be able to reliably commute for your internship.
- Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm. Your availability will need to fit into that.
- Meet the requirements. Obviously you are here to learn and we will help you, but they are there for a reason. Don’t apply to do design work if you don’t know how.
- Be flexible. Our interns specialize in certain departments, but your job will be to assist the team as a whole. Be up front about your strengths and abilities, but also be willing to hop in on projects that may not be in your area of expertise.
- Really want to do this. Our interns get a lot of perks (tickets to shows! free CDs! being around us charming people every other day!) but that only comes with hard work and commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter, as well as your favorite band right now and why you’re digging them. We will review all submissions and if we think you are a great fit we will be in touch.
Summer application deadline: May 4
Fall application deadline: TBA
+ Creative Internship
Assisting the Marketing department in organizing and creating social media posts and artist-related content.
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite as well as basic web and video editing
- Must be up-to-date with current trends and formats of all social media platforms and have a passion for communicating with our audience in an engaging and unique way
- Portfolios and examples of work are welcomed and encouraged Recommended for anyone interested in a career in graphic design, web development/design or social media
+ A&R Internship
Assisting the Marketing, Sales and A&R departments in tracking artist development, updating databases and calendars, and general administrative responsibilities.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Sheets and Google Docs
- Confidence making/receiving phone calls a must, as well as strong organizational skills
- Recommended for anyone interested in a career in A&R, sales or general music industry administration
+ Operations Internship
Assisting the Operations department in merchandise operations, managing/sorting inventory, creating/updating day-to-day systems and more.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google Drive/Apps. Photoshop/Illustrator experience is a major plus
- If you have prior experience in graphic design, please send along links or a portfolio
- Recommended for anyone interested in a career in merchandising, production or digital operations