Work At Hopeless
Nothing open right now...
Looks like we've got all the help we can handle! Don't worry though- any time there's an open position, it will show up here. Check back soon!
So you wanna intern do ya?
Ok, here is the place. Hopeless Records & Sub City Non Profit take on a select few interns each semester and here is the place that any open internships will be posted. Intern spots are pretty competitive and our interns often go on to working in the music business including at Hopeless Records. No guarantees of course, but if you are seriously interested in a career in music and want to be a valued member of the team this is the place for you. We encourage you to apply.
• Gotta be over 18 years old
• Available to work at least 2 full days a week, the more you are here the more you will learn, but 2 days is the minimum
• We are located in Van Nuys, CA (Near Los Angeles). We need you to be located there too, at least for the duration of your internship
• Although we are working all the time, our official hours are Monday – Friday 9:30am to 6:30pm, your availability will need to fit into that
• Meet the requirements, obviously you are here to learn and we will help you, but they are there for a reason. Don’t apply to do design work if you don’t know how.
• Really want to do this. Our interns become part of the staff, go to shows, deal with artists, managers and industry big shots… and they work on awesome projects, but if you are not into it we will kick you right out.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by emailing us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org about why you want to intern with us along with your resume.
Please don’t send to any other email address or call. No need to send multiple times or follow up, it will not help, it will only make us cranky. Because this internship is so awesome we unfortunately we receive far too many applications than we can personally respond to and we cannot accommodate all the people we would like. We will review all submission and if we think you are a great fit we will be in touch, if you don’t hear from us, please don’t be sad, you can try again when new positions are posted.
+ Creative Internship
Assisting the Marketing/Creative department in organizing, modifying and creating artist related content
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and basic web and video editing
- Portfolios & examples of work welcomed & encouraged
- Recommended for anyone interested in a career in graphic design, web development/design, or video
+ Marketing Internship
Assisting the Marketing Department on fan communication, contests, and publicity
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, Instagram and all major social networks
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and basic Photoshop skills
- Best for someone who is creative, good with dealing with people, and willing to solve problems
- Recommended for anyone interested in a career in digital marketing or publicity
+ Operations Internship
Assisting the Sales and Business Department with worldwide sales, analysis, and retail marketing.
- Experience with excel, filemaker, outlook and/or entourage, google documents, power point, and basic knowledge of photoshop is a must, proficiency in math preferred
- Day to day will be pulling reports for US and International physical and digital sales, assist in setting up pitches (one sheets and presentations), analyzing sales reports, logging tour dates and organizing in stores, tracking retail marketing, follow up on market promo, sending promos and POP, working with agent submissions, and research for new business and contacts
- Will include day to day scheduling, database entries, phone calls, clerical duties
- Best for someone who is organized, likes numbers, tracking, analyzing trends, and enjoys creating marketing opportunities
- Recommended for anyone interested in a career in sales, sales analysis, digital music, international business